Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cooking from Scratch

The greatest savings is in the kitchen.
Effectively cooking with raw ingredients is cheap. It helps promote good health, and it's a useful hobby to take up.

I bake a lot now, keeps me busy, keeps some snacks in the house. Banana bread is cheap to make, homemade bread, muffins, cookies, English muffins. Ice cream, chicken stock, soup, pudding. If it can be made at home. I will try it.

This week I will be trying to make my own yoghurt at home. It doesn't require anything but a pot, crockpot, oven and milk. Some culture from bought yoghurt to start it. Then you can use you own culture.

I will try it and report back with how it turned out and a proper recipe.

What homemade products do you prefer over store bought? For either quality or price.

No comments:

Post a Comment